Come as you are, early if you'd like, grab a coffee or something else from The OverFlow Café, maybe introduce yourself and make a new friend. When you come to the sanctuary, you'll be greeted and handed a bulletin. You're welcome to find a seat wherever you like. We are a pretty chill, casual group of people, but we do like to start on time. Our service begins with announcements, then we get into worship with music, as well as preaching and teaching from God's Word. Our gatherings usually go between 75-90 minutes. We close in prayer and a song, then some return to The OverFlow for more fellowship and reflection. We look forward to meeting you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When do we gather? We are currently gathering on Saturdays at 6:00PM sharp. We begin our service with announcements, then worship with music followed by teaching and preaching from The Word. You may join us in-person at 3312 G. St, Merced, or on-line in homes and various locations around the community.
2. Do I need to RSVP? At this moment, you do not need to RSVP to attend a gathering. We will have overflow seating available, as we allow for social distancing and masks for those who feel so inclined.
3. What if I’m not feeling well or am experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms? Please stay home! If you or someone in your household is exhibiting symptoms, we ask that you do not come to gathering at the building. Also, if you or someone you’ve been in close contact with has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not attend services for 14 days following your most recent interaction with them.
4. What is the seating arrangement? We have pews in our worship center. Everything is wiped down and sanitized before and after every gathering. We encourage family and friends who come together to stay in their groups, while maintaining social distancing from others with whom you are unfamiliar. Hopefully, this is just simple, common sense, respect for others. Thank you.
5. Can I give a physical check or financial contribution? Yes, our offering buckets are in the back of the sanctuary and available for you to place checks and envelopes. They are wiped down and sanitized before each gathering. The Lord loves a cheerful giver. Please note, if you are a first-time visitor, allow this service to be our gift to you. If The Lord leads you to give, we’ll humbly and gratefully accept your generosity, but by no means should you feel obligated.
6. Is there a dress code? No! Come as you are, we insist. You’ll see people clad in everything from t-shirts to button down collars, from jeans and biker leathers to shorts and flip-flops, and more. You will be hard pressed to find a tie anywhere or anything else more formal. We won’t judge. Just wear something other than your birthday suit and you’ll fit in just fine.
7. Do we sing? Yes, we are enjoying worship through video with onscreen lyrics at this time. We are praying about and looking forward to returning to a live worship team in the near future. Our music is contemporary and theologically rich, examples are CityAlight, I Am They, We The Kingdom, Crowder, Sovereign Grace Worship, Rend Collective, and others of similar genre.
8. Do you have children's church/ministry? Children have always remained with their family during our corporate worship. We currently have not resumed children's "classes" during the sermon time. When/if we return to traditional children's church is still TBD. We do have nursery for children 5 years and under.